- Bihon noodles – 200g
- Lechong Kawali, sliced into small bites
- Lechong Manok, shredded – 1 cup or whatever you got
- Cabbage, julienned
- Carrots, julienned
- Bell pepper, julienned
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp or as desired
- Onion, diced – 1 medium
- Garlic, chopped – 6 cloves
- Green Onion leaves (white and green part) – 3 stems
- Soy Sauce – 3 tbsp
- Patis (Fish sauce) – 3 tbsp or to taste
- Brown Sugar – 1 tsp
- Water – 2 1/2 to 3 cups
- Vegetable Oil – 3 tbsp
- Read instruction of the bihon noodles you will be using and follow the cooking directions. For the brand I used, the instruction said to rinse the noodles in water and so I did. I rinse it in water after I finished preparing half of the ingredients.
- Heat oil in a pan and pan fry the lechong kawali until crispy.Remove the lechong kawali from the pan and set aside
- Saute the garlic until aromatic, then add the onion and half of the green onions. Stir fry until it becomes almost translucent.
- Throw in the chicken, bell pepper, carrots, and cabbage. Sprinkle the black pepper powder on the veggies and chicken. Stir-fry for about a minute
- Pour the water on the veggies along with the soy sauce, fish sauce, and sugar. Let it simmer until the vegetables soften. Remove the vegetables and chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add in the bihon noodles stirring continuously to loosen the noodles. Add more water as needed. Adjust taste by adding fish sauce as needed.
- Once the noodles are cooked through, turn of the fire and stir in the cooked veggies and chicken.
Source: My Fresha-licious
Via: Bihon Guisado Recipe
(Visited 55 times, 1 visits today)