- 1/2 lb. pork belly, diced
- 2 cups thin coconut milk
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups fresh alamang (shrimp paste)
- 4 cups chili pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized onion, minced
- 1 cup thick coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- salt to taste
- First, you have to soak chili in water with salt. Let stand for 30 minutes and then rinse and drain thoroughly.
- Heat a pan and then pour-in the cooking oil.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, and ginger
- Add the pork and then continue cooking for 8 minutes or until the color becomes light brown
- Mix thin coconut milk and alamang (shrimp paste),
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chili and cook until half the liquid has evaporated.
- Pour in thick coconut cream and continue cooking until oil comes out from the cream.
- Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
Source: home Kitchenomics
Via: Bicol Express
(Visited 223 times, 1 visits today)