Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Servings: 4 – 5
A simple yet delicious way to serve fresh mussels.
- 2 Pounds Fresh Mussels
- 1 Tablespoon Olive OIl
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Peeled & Minced
- 1 Medium Onion, Peeled, & Diced
- 3/4 Cup Good Quality Beer
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper
- Rinse the mussels under cold water, and remove the beards if necessary.
- In a large heavy pot with a lid, heat the olive oil, then add the onion, garlic, and salt and pepper and cook over medium low heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the beer and continue to cook, increasing heat to medium high.
- Add the mussels and cover the pot, and steam the mussels until they open, shaking the pot from time to time for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the mussels from the broth to a heated bowl, and add the thyme, butter, and mustard.
- Stir well, and cook over high heat, seasoning with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Stir in the fresh parsley and pour the juices over the mussels in the bowl and serve immediately.
(Visited 80 times, 1 visits today)