Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 12 to 16 Fresh Picked Zucchini Flowers
- All-purpose Flour
- Sea Salt
- Oil For Frying
- Use a soft brush to clean the zucchini flowers and carefully remove the inner stamen.
- Leave at least 2 inches of stem intact to aid in dipping and frying.
- In a small bowl, add about 1 1/2 cups of flour and a pinch of salt.
- Add enough beer to the flour, whisking until smooth.
- You want the batter to be the consistency of cream.
- Heat the frying oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan until it reaches 375 degrees F. checking it with a kitchen thermometer.
- Sprinkle the flour onto a plate.
- Dredge the stuffed zucchini flowers in the flour, then dip them into the batter until lightly coated, holding the flower over the bowl for a few seconds letting the excess batter drip off.
- Carefully lower the stuffed zucchini flowers into the hot oil in batches. Fry for 3-4 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. Remove from the oil using a slotted spoon and set aside to drain on a plate topped with a few layers of kitchen paper.
- Repeat the process with the remaining stuffed zucchini flowers until they are all fried. Serve on a platter with a sprinkling of sea salt on top.
- Serve immediately.
(Visited 48 times, 1 visits today)