- 1 pound lean beef, cut against the grain into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons high heat cooking oil (I recommend avocado oil as a healthy, high smoke point oil, also available at Costco)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 large carrots, thinly sliced at a diagonal
- 2 cups snow peas, ends trimmed
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup bean sprouts
For the Sauce:
- ¼ cup soy sauce (paleo: use coconut aminos)
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce (paleo: omit) or make your own
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl, stirring until the sugar and cornstarch is dissolved. Set aside.
- Heat the wok over high heat and add the oil. Once very hot, working quickly add the beef and fry, searing all sides, for 1-2 minutes. Add the carrots, garlic and ginger and fry for another minute. Add the remaining vegetables and fry for another minutes. Do not over-cook, you want the vegetables to retain some “crunch.” Stir in the sauce and simmer for 1 minute then remove from heat.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Source: Daring Gourmet
(Visited 29 times, 1 visits today)