For the beef:
- 12 ounces flank steak, trimmed of excess fat and sinew
- 1 tablespoon peeled, minced garlic
- 1½ teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Shaoxing wine or dry sherry
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing wine or dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 1½ cups sugar snap peas (about 7 ounces), strings removed
- 1 cup very thinly sliced carrots (about 2 small)
- 4 medium scallions, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- ¼ cup pickled ginger slices (about 1 ounce), coarsely chopped if large
- Steamed Rice
For the beef:
- Cut the flank steak with the grain into 2-inch-wide strips, then cut each strip against the grain into ¼-inch-thick slices. Place the beef and the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to evenly coat the meat; set aside.
For the stir-fry:
- Place the oyster sauce and Shaoxing wine or sherry in a small bowl and stir to combine; set aside.
- Heat a 14-inch flat-bottomed wok over high heat until a bead of water vaporizes when dropped in the pan. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the oil around the perimeter of the wok and add the reserved beef in an even layer. Cook undisturbed until the beef begins to sear, about 1 minute. Then, using a metal spatula, stir-fry for 30 seconds until the beef is lightly browned but not cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of oil around the perimeter of the wok and add the sugar snaps and carrots. Stir-fry until just warmed through, about 1 minute. Return the beef and any accumulated juices to the wok along with the reserved oyster sauce mixture, green onions, and pickled ginger. Stir-fry until the beef is just cooked through and the pickled ginger is well distributed, about 30 to 60 seconds. Serve with steamed rice.
Source: The Recipe Diaries
Via: Beef Stir Fry Recipe
(Visited 25 times, 1 visits today)