For the Ragu
- 500 grams of chuck steak
- 2 small carrots
- 700 mL of passata
- 2 cups of beef stock
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
For the Bechamel:
- 2 cups of milk
- 20 grams of butter
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 100 grams of Gruyere cheese, grated
- 20 grams of Parmesan cheese
- 6 large pasta sheets
- 100grams of tasty cheese, for topping
- 30 x 20 cm baking dish
- Pre heat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Dice the onion, crush the garlic, slice the carrots and dice the beef into large chunks. Season the beef.
- Head the oil in a dutch oven and add the beef. Cook until brown and crusty on all sides.
- Add the onion, garlic and carrot and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the passata and beef stock to the pot and bring to the boil.
- Place the lid on the dutch oven and place in the oven and cook for about 4 hours or until the meat is falling apart.
- Meanwhile, make the bechamel by melting the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add the flour and cook until bubbling.
- Slowly add the milk while whisking to avoid lumps.
- Add the Gruyere and Parmesan cheese and continue to whisk until sauce thickens. Remove from the heat.
- Begin to layer the lasagne, first some ragu, then pasta sheets, followed by more ragu then lastly bechamel.
- Repeat another layer and top with tasty cheese.
- Bake in a 170 degree celcius oven for 50 minutes or until pasta is soft and cheese is brown.
Source: Erin Made This
(Visited 34 times, 1 visits today)