- Beef brisket, 1kg
- Garlic, 5-7 cloves, crushed and chopped
- Onions, 1 whole, chopped
- Ginger, 1 nub, chopped
- Soy sauce, 1 cup
- Star anise, 3 pcs
- Powdered pepper, 1 tsp
- Sugar, ½ cup
- Water, 2ltrs
- Sesame oil, ½ tsp
- Cooking oil, 2-3 tbsp
- Salt, to season
- Green onions, chopped
- Fried garlic (optional but desired)
- Boil the beef in water until the scum comes out.
- Take off the scum and add in the ¾ of the garlic and onions.
- Season the dish with salt and pepper.
- Cook the beef until soft and tender. This may take up to 45-60 minutes under low to medium heat.
- When the beef is tender enough, separate the broth from the meats.
- Pour oil in a heated wok.
- Saute the remaining garlic under medium heat.
- When the garlic turns golden, put in the onions.
- When the onions sweat and wilt, put in the beef. Stir for about 5 minutes.
- Put in the broth, soy sauce, sugar, star anise and pepper. Stir occasionally.
- Cover the wok and let it simmer for 10-15 more minutes.
- Put the sesame oil.
- Season with salt.
- Serve while hot with the broth separately.
- Top the beef dish with green onions and fried garlic.
Source:Quick And Easy Recipes
Via: Beef Pares Recipe
(Visited 36 times, 1 visits today)