Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 kilo beef sirloin, cut morcon style(1/4 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons flour(optional)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 piece hard-boiled eggs, sliced into quarters
- 4 pieces hot dogs, ham or sausages, sliced into strips
- 1 piece carrot, sliced into strips
- 2 pickles or cucumber, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons calamansi juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 cups beef stock(water + beef cube)
- 1 piece bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can liver spread
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pound the meat using meat pounder to help the meat to become tender easily.
- In a bowl, marinate meat in calamansi juice, soy sauce, salt and pepper for 3 hours. Reserve marinade.
- Flatten meat and arrange the filling over the meat.
- Roll the meat with the filling inside and secure with a thread or string. Repeat for remaining slices.
- Dredge the meat in flour until coat evenly.
- In a frying pan, heat oil and fry the meat until brown.
- In a pot, arrange meat, bay leaves, tomato paste, liver spread, marinade, beef stock salt and pepper.
- Simmer for at least 1 hours or until the beef is tender.(Cook in pressure cooker takes 20 minutes).
- Slice the beef morcon and arrange on a platter then pour the sauce on top. Serve hot!
Note: You may also used pork fat, pickles or cheddar cheese as alternative filling.
(Visited 196 times, 1 visits today)