- 2 cups uncooked rice (I use 1 cup jasmine rice and 1 cup glutinous rice)
- 1 lb. beef tapa (see recipe here)
- 6Tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 medium sized onion, minced
- 1/4 cup ginger, minced
- 3 pcs beef cube
- 14 cups water
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp safflower (kasubha)
- 5 Stalks green onion, sliced (white and green part separated)
- 4 Tbsp fried garlic for garnish (see how to make fried garlic here)
- 4 – 6 pcs hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pcs Lemon or 4-6 pcs calamansi (optional)
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, saute garlic in 2 Tbsp. olive oil until light brown.
- Add ginger and onion, and sauté for a minute.
- Add beef cubes and stir until it melts.
- Add rice, water and fish sauce. Mix well. Cover and simmer in medium heat for about 40 minutes or until rice is fully cooked. Stir occasionally.
- Mean while, in a skillet over medium heat, fry beef in remaining olive oil until cooked. Remove from skillet and set aside. Chop about 6 strips and add to the rice soup.
- When rice is cooked, add safflower and white part of the green onions. Add salt and pepper to suit your taste. Simmer for another minute. If rice soup becomes too thick, add a little water to thin it a bit.
- Remove from heat. Ladle to individual serving bowls and top with tapa and egg slices.
- Garnish with green onions and fried garlic, and sprinkle with lemon (optional) before serving.
(Visited 510 times, 1 visits today)