- 1 can of liver spread (the bigger the tastier)
- 2-3 whole onions, minced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can tomato paste or 5-6 pieces tomatoes, sliced (in addition to these there is an easy way to prepare a good tasting Caldereta, that is to just open a pack of Caldereta mix! So resourceful of me right? LOL)
- 2 red bell peppers and the same number of green bell peppers
- 2-3 pcs. of red chillies, minced
- 2 pieces bayleaf
- 3 pieces potatoes, cubed
- 3 pieces carrots, cubed
- Grated cheese
- Cooking Oil
- Beef Stock
- I first fried the beef strip (which I like to marinate in soy sauce and lemon juice first) half cooked.
- After removing excess fat, I set it aside. In a pan, I heat oil, then saute garlic, onions, tomatoes and bell pepper.
- Afterwards, I added the beef, tomato sauce (or fresh tomatoes), Caldereta mix, liver spread and beef stock and bring to a boil until the beef becomes tender and the sauce thick.
- Then add the carrots and potatoes. Actually, some people do not put carrots but instead put green olives or cooked green peas which is alright. The more vegetables, the better.
- Add some salt and ground white pepper to fit your taste.Then you sprinkle the grated cheese.
- Serve while its hot combined with boiled white rice.
(Visited 26 times, 1 visits today)