- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 300 g rump steak, trimmed and cut into bite-sized thin strips
- 150 g shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced (about 2 handfuls)
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons miso paste
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- 6-8 bunches fresh baby Bok Choy, trimmed
- 2 x 200 g packages udon noodles (these can be found in an Asian supermarket)
- 1 handful cilantro leaves
- Heat oil in a large sauce pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add beef, mushrooms, garlic, ginger and soy sauce and toss to coat. Cook, stirring once or twice, until beef and mushrooms are lightly browned on edges, about 5 minutes.
- Trim two of the lemon-grass stalks of their toughest outer layers, then bruise them with the back of a knife and cut it into 3 pieces. Add lemongrass to pot.
- Pour in beef broth and water, increase heat to medium-high. Stir in miso paste, green onions, carrots, Bok Choy and udon noodles. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low, simmer for 5 minutes. When vegetables are tender, remove from heat.
- Remove lemongrass from pot and discard. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately.
Source: Elle Republic
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)