- 1 (5lb) chicken, patted dry
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tbsp BBQ Seasoning, divided
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
- 1 (16 oz) can beer
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place a baking dish on top of a baking sheet. Drink (or pour out) ¼ of the beer and place in the baking dish.
- Stir together the butter and 1 tablespoon of BBQ seasoning. Loosen the skin from the chicken and run the butter mixture all over under the skin of the chicken. Rub the remaining butter over the outside of the chicken and follow with the remaining BBQ seasoning.
- Place the lemon slices in a single layer under the skin of the chicken. Place a lime wedge near the top (in the neck hole).
- Carefully place the cavity of the chicken over the beer can, leaning the chicken slightly against the sides of the baking dish if necessary.
- Place the chicken (on the tray) into the preheated oven. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. Remove from the oven and rest for 20 minutes before carefully removing the beer can and cutting up the chicken.
Source: Amy’s Cooking Adventures
(Visited 35 times, 1 visits today)