- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- ¾ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 lb thick cut bacon (10-12 slices)
- 4-5 slices of aged cheddar cheese
- 1 can tomato paste (small size)
- Heat olive oil in skillet and sauté onions until golden.
- In large mixing bowl, combine together ground beef, sautéd onions, Italian bread crumbs.
- Add slightly beaten egg, mix together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Form into log and place in shallow baking pan.
- Spread thick layer of tomato paste over meatloaf.
- Add layer of cheddar cheese onto of tomato paste
- Top with basket woven bacon. Tuck edges under meatloaf.
- Bake uncovered 350 degrees for about 11/2 hours (done temperature of 160 F)
Source: Art And The Kitchen
(Visited 43 times, 1 visits today)