- 500g or 1 pound pork spareribs
- ½ onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 5 cups water
- 2 tbsps fish sauce
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 2-4 tbsps lime juice (1 to 2 limes)
- 150g or 5 oz okra, topped and tailed
- 200g or 7 oz or 1 bunch spinach
- 2 green chillies
- Wash pork under cold water and cut into 8 cm x 4 cm.
- In a large sauce pan or stock pot, place the pork ribs, minced ginger, chopped onions and tomatoes, the water, fish sauce and a pinch of salt.
- Allow to boil over high heat. When it does, cover then lower heat to simmer.
- After 30 to 45 minutes (depending on how soft you want the meat to be), add lime juice. Cover again and continue simmering.
- After 10 minutes, add the okra and chillies. Cover again and continue simmering.
- After 5 minutes, remove from heat then add spinach. Cover again for a final time to allow spinach to soften (about a minute). Serve with rice.
Source: Adobo Flavour Shop
(Visited 43 times, 1 visits today)