Servings: 4 servings
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 2 ounces good-quality dark or bittersweet (60 to 70 percent cocoa) chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1/3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup brewed espresso or strong coffee
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 2-inch piece orange rind strip
- 1/4 cup frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- Cocoa powder (optional)
- Combine 2/3 cup boiling water and chopped chocolate in a medium saucepan, stirring until chocolate melts. Add milk and next 4 ingredients (through rind); cook over medium-low heat, stirring with a whisk. Heat 5 minutes or until tiny bubbles form around edge of pan, stirring frequently (do not boil). Discard rind.
- Pour 1 cup mixture into each of 4 mugs. Spoon 1 tablespoon whipped topping over each serving. Dust with cocoa powder, if desired.
(Visited 80 times, 1 visits today)