Lettuce wrap is one of the most sought after appetizer dish in Asian restaurants mainly because it is tasty and looks appetizing. This Barbecued Chicken Lettuce Wrap recipe is a quick and easy lettuce wrap version that you can prepare in your own kitchen.
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 cups fresh Shiitake mushroom, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 4 ounces chopped water chestnuts
- 2 tabelspoons chopped green onions
- 6 teaspoons Hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 head iceberg or butter lettuce
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok.
- Put-in the chicken. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the gingerand garlic. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Put-in the chopped mushroom. Season with salt and pepper. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Put-in the chopped water chestnuts, bell pepper, and green onion. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the orange juice and Hoisin sauce. Stir until all the ingredients are coated.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves in a plate. Scoop some mixture in each lettuce leaf.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!