- 1-½ to 2 pounds baby back ribs, cut into 2-rib sections
For the dry rub:
- 3 Tablespoons paprika (I reduced to 2-½ Tablespoons)
- 2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the delicious sauce (stands alone as a good one):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- For the rub: Combine the ingredients and rub mixture evenly over the ris. For the sauce: Heat oil in the pressure cooker pot over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in ketchup, water, molasses, vinegar and mustard. Stir to combine. Cook for one minute (my additional step) Measure out and reserve one cup of the sauce.
- Arrange the ribs upright in the pot, with meaty sides facing outward, then pour reserved sauce over the ribs. Lock the pressure cooker lid in place and bring to high pressure over medium-high heat.
- As soon as the pot reaches high pressure, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 30 minutes adjusting heat as needed to maintain high pressure.
Source: Key Ingredients
(Visited 17 times, 1 visits today)