Servings: 2 Cups
- 1 cup cubed peeled ripe mango
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe banana (about 1 medium)
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk (optional)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Arrange the mango cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet; freeze until firm (about 1 hour).
- Place frozen mango and the remaining ingredients in a blender.
- Process until smooth.
Note: Freeze the cubed mango overnight in an airtight container to make this smoothie a snap to throw together (for variety, try substituting frozen berries for the mango). Remember to let frozen mango thaw for 15 minutes to soften slightly. The dry milk is optional, but one tablespoon provides about 100 milligrams of calcium.