- 1.2 K. Magnolia Chicken
- 1 T. rock salt
- freshly cracked peppercorn
- 200 g. fresh tamarind pods
- 1-2 T. olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh tamarind leaves (Mona got them from her neighbor in Alabang.)
- Rub salt and pepper inside and outside the chicken.
- Stuff with tamarind pods and leaves.
- Scatter the remaining tamarind pods and leaves around the chicken in the baking pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake at 350F for an hour.
- Increase the heat to 400F and brown for 10 minutes or so.
- Let chicken rest for 20 minutes before chopping. I used a pair of kitchen scissors to cut up the chicken.
- Mash the tamarind in the baking pan and pour the juices over the chopped chicken.
Source: Lia’s Food Journey
(Visited 14 times, 1 visits today)