- 2 (1lb 2 oz) tilapia or other similar fish,gutted,scaled and gills removed
- 8 tbsp oil
- 2 medium japanese eggplant,sliced
- 6 spring onions, 3 trimmed,3 chopped
- 8 tbsp coconut cream
FOR THE SPICE PASTE
- 1 tbsp all- purpose seasoning
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Make the spice paste by mixing all the ingredients together.
- Make 3 neat slices on each side of both side of the fish,cutting into them but not down as far as the bones. Rub the paste all over the fish,pushing it down into the slashes, and rubbing all over the insides too. Put in a large dish, cover with clingfilm and put in the fridge for a couple hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Heat 5 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan and colour the eggplant until pale gold on both sides. You dont need to cook them right through, just get some color on them. Season well and lay on the base of a roasting pan or ovenproof dish big enough for both fish.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan and cook the fish on both sides,just to colour them a little,about 2 1/2 minutes each side. They should be golden.
- Set the fish on top of the eggplant in the roasting pan and scatter the spring onions over the top. Now spoon the coconut cream all over the fish and eggplant. Cook in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes,until the fish is soft,tender and cooked through.
- Serve straight away.
Source: Step By Step Recipe
(Visited 20 times, 1 visits today)