- 2 each: 3-4 oz. wild-caught salmon steaks
- juice of 2 whole lemons
- 4 tsp. coconut oil
- sea salt and pepper, if desired
For the salsa:
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, cut into ¼ – ½ inch cubes
- 1/2 cup mango, cut into ¼ – ½ inch cubes
- 4 tsp. cilantro, chopped fine
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. green chilli, seeded and minced
- 1 tsp. garlic, macerated
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease the bottom of a heavy baking pan or oven-safe skillet with the coconut oil. Brush both sides of the salmon steak with the lemon juice and place it in the baking dish or skillet. Sprinkle fish with the salt and pepper, if desired. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until moist and flakey.
- While the fish is cooking, prepare the salsa. In a medium bowl, mix the mango, avocado, onion, cilantro, and chili. In a small bowl, mix together the lime juice and the macerated garlic. Sprinkle the juice mixture over the salsa and toss. Serve the salsa on top of the baked fish. Makes two servings.
(Visited 44 times, 1 visits today)