Rosemary is a type of shrub belonging to the same family as mint. It is well known for its aroma. This characteristic makes this herb in-demand for many kinds of dishes in different cuisines.
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 lb. red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 pieces lemon
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Water for boiling the potato
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Boil the potatoes for 8 minutes. Remove from the pot and let cool.
- Slice the potatoes into quarters. Sprinkle some garlic powder and then set aside.
- In a bowl, combine garlic, rosemary, 1 tablespoon olive oil, juice of 2 lemons, salt, and ground black pepper. Mix well.
- Combine the rosemary mixture with the chicken. Make sure that the chicken is coated with the mixture equally. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan and then pour-in remaining olive oil.
- Pan-fry each side of the chicken for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange chicken and potatoes in an oven-proof tray.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and then serve.
- Share and enjoy!