For the Chips:
- 3-4 medium white potatoes, about 1 1/2 pounds, washed and scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus extra if necessary
For the Fish:
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal, finely crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 pounds cod fillet, cut into 2 inch by 4 inch pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten with 1 tablespoon water added
- cooking spray
- lemon slices
- tartar sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Slice the potatoes into 1/4 inch sticks. Toss with olive oil sprinkle with sea salt. Place on a big baking sheet in a single layer. Bake in oven on top rack for 15 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, mix together bread crumbs, Cajun seasoning, cereal and dried parsley in a medium sized bowl.
- Dip cod pieces in egg then coat them with crumb mixture while lightly pressing crumbs on the fish so that its well coated.
- Place a wire rack on top of a large baking pan. Spray the rack with cooking spray. Place the fish on top of the rack.
- After the potatoes have cooked for 15 minutes turn them so the other side will get crispy.
- Place the pan of fish on the bottom rack of the oven. Bake for another 15 minutes or until fish is cooked and both fish and fries are crispy.
- Season with extra salt if necessary. Serve with lemon, tartar sauce and ketchup if desired.
Source: Food Fanatic
Via: Baked Fish and Chips
(Visited 50 times, 1 visits today)