- 3 pieces fully cleaned CLQ (Chicken Leg Quarter)
- 1.5 liters tap water
- 25 grams curry powder
- 10 grams salt (any)
- 5 grams ground black pepper
- 4 grams brown sugar
- optional 3 grams MSG
- 30 ml. EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- salt and pepper
- 3 pieces medium tomatoes, unpeeled, thoroughly washed
- 1 piece red or green bell pepper
- 2-3 pieces small carrots, unpeeled, thoroughly washed
- 10 ml. EVOO
- 30 ml. fresh milk
- 10 grams corn starch dissolved in tap water (slurry)
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves crushed fresh garlic
- In marinating container dissolve unto water ALL of the marinade mix ingredients giving it active stirring to prevent lumping.
- Set in the 3 CLQs and ref-marinate for 2 hours (NOT FREEZER)
- After 2 hours transfer marinade and chicken into wok. Bring to boil. About 8 minutes.
- When boiling commences, start timer to cook chicken for 30 minutes.
- While waiting, start heating oven to 320deg.F (160deg. Celsius)
- When done with boiling, very carefully, to prevent breakages and slits, scoop out boiled chicken and place in baking pan (continue boiling the marinade-this will be used later). Sprinkle with EVOO and pop in into oven. This will be baked for (1st) 15 minutes alone and another (2nd)15 minutes with veggie garnish.
- In still boiling marinade, add in your potatoes, carrots and bell pepper. Boil for 15 minutes.
- When veggies are done with boiling, the first 15 minutes of baking chicken is also done simultaneously.
- Scoop out boiled veggies and include in the baking pan together with chicken. Sprinkle salt and pepper and little EVOO. All will be baked for the next-and-last 15 minutes.
- For sauce, sauté garlic, onion and tomatoes. Pour in enough boiled marinade, milk and your slurry. Bring to boil. Adjust viscosity to your liking by adding marinade and/or further slurry.
Source: The Food Critic
(Visited 56 times, 1 visits today)