If you baked your pie and still have leftovers, you can freeze them, too. After all, freezing apple pie works quite well — just place it uncovered in the freezer. Once frozen solid, wrap the pie in plastic wrap and place it back into the freezer. You can keep it frozen for 3-4 months.
How do you freeze apple pie after baking?
How to Freeze a Baked Pie
- Bake as directed and allow to cool completely.
- Place the pie in a freezer bag; seal, label, and freeze for up to 4 months.
- To serve, thaw at room temperature.
- If you wish to serve your pie warm, after thawing, bake in a preheated oven 425°F oven about 15 minutes or until warmed through.
Can you freeze leftover apple pie?
Can you freeze apple pie? Yes! … Then, wrap the frozen pie tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Thaw the pie at room temperature and reheat it until it’s warm in a 350°F oven (about 30 minutes).
Is it better to freeze a pie before or after baking?
Homemade pies are a delicious dessert that can be prepared ahead of time, frozen and then baked when you want a very special dessert. … It is much better to freeze pumpkin and fruit pies before baking rather than after. The texture of pies suffers substantially if frozen after baking.
How do you reheat a frozen apple pie?
To reheat a frozen baked pie, thaw the pie in the refrigerator overnight and reheat (bake) in a 350°F oven till heated through. The crust will need to be shielded to prevent over-browning.
How do you keep apple pie from getting soggy?
The best way to prevent soggy crust is by blind baking the crust before baking it with the fruit filling. To blind bake, line the pie plate with the pie dough and then place pie weights on top to stop the crust from rising up and bubbling or shrinking.
What is the best frozen apple pie?
If you like your pies tart, go with Sara Lee.
- We tested three brands of frozen apple pie.
- The brands we sampled were Mrs. Smith’s, Sara Lee, and Marie Callender’s.
- Marie Callender’s was our favorite because its apples tasted the most authentic, and its crumb topping was deliciously sweet.
How do you store homemade apple pie?
How to Store Baked Apple Pie: You can keep baked apple pies at room temperature for up to two days. If the pie has been sliced, cover loosely with foil or plastic wrap. Apple pie will keep for an additional 2-3 days in the refrigerator, loosely covered with foil or plastic wrap.
Can you freeze leftover pie filling?
Slide the foil-wrapped filling into a freezer-safe bag to protect against freezer burn. Store frozen fillings for three to four months, which conveniently coincides with the holiday baking season. Plan to freeze the filling in the pan you’ll use for baking.
How do you freeze leftover pie?
There are two ways to do freeze a cake or pie:
- Freeze them whole. Let them cool completely. Wrap them well in plastic wrap and freeze. …
- Freeze the slices. Slice your pie or cake. If your slices are firm (like a cheesecake or a cookie pie) place each in a ziploc sandwich bag, seal, and freeze.
Can I freeze unbaked meat pie?
Both baked and unbaked pot pies keep the quality of the filling for four to six months in the freezer, even though the quality of the baked crust suffers. Both types stay safe indefinitely if your freezer stays at or below 0 degrees Fahrenheit.
How do you reheat a frozen meat pie?
To reheat cooked, frozen pies: Remove meat pie from the freezer a few hours before serving, if possible. Wrap in foil to keep it moist and warm in a low (300°F) oven until heated through.
Can pumpkin pie be frozen after baking?
You can completely bake pumpkin pies and freeze for a later date. … Once completely cooled, wrap and tightly seal the pie in several layers of plastic wrap.
How long should you bake a frozen apple pie?
KEEP PIE FROZEN UNTIL READY TO BAKE!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove pie from plastic bag.
- Place frozen unbaked apple pie on center rack of oven. Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees. Continue baking pie for 35 minutes longer. ( …
- Remove pie from oven. Cool on wire rack.
Can you put a frozen pie in the oven?
Many frozen pies need to be baked for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown in color. If that doesn’t yield a pie that’s done all the way through, try baking it for 30 minutes, then reducing the temperature to 325 °F (163 °C) and baking for an additional 25-30 minutes.
How long does it take to reheat a frozen pie?
Reheat pie straight from frozen, cooking it for 20 minutes at 375F degrees, before turning the oven down to 350F degrees and cooking until the middle is bubbling.