- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Fresh cracked pepper
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese, plus extra for serving
- 3 tablespoons sundried tomato pesto
- ¼ cup chopped kalamata olives
- 16 slices of bacon – NOT thick cut
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Parsley, for serving
- Place half the chicken thighs in a sturdy plastic bag and flatten them out with your hands. Using a rubber mallet, the flat side of a meat tenderizer, or a rolling pin, pound the chicken until it is ¼” thick. Remove from the bag and place the chicken on a baking sheet, outside (the smoother side) facing down. Repeat with the remaining chicken.Generously dust the chicken (one side only) with fresh cracked pepper.
- IIn a small bowl, combine the feta cheese, sun dried tomato pesto and olives. Divide this mixture between the chicken thighs, placing it at one end of the chicken. Roll the chicken around the feta cheese mixture, placing the chicken back on the baking tray with the seam facing down. Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each piece of chicken. Start by wrapping one piece end to end to seal off the open ends of the chicken. Wrap the other piece around the chicken lengthwise then place the chicken on the tray with the seam facing down.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook, turning the chicken occasionally, until the bacon is brown on all sides, about 15 minutes. Cover the skillet, reduce the heat to medium, and let the chicken continue to cook for another 15 minutes. Check on it a few times and turn the chicken if the bottom is getting too brown.
- Add the pine nuts to the pan with the chicken and let them toast for 1 minute. Serve the Mediterranean chicken with the toasted pine nuts, some parsley and a little feta over top.
Source: The Endless Meal
(Visited 39 times, 1 visits today)