- 2lbs ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup kimchi
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 4 thin slices of cheddar cheese
- 8 slices of bacon
- 4 brioche buns
- 2-3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked
- Begin by preparing your burgers. Divide the ground beef into four equal portions. Shape into a round disc and with your thumb place a small indent in the middle on one side (this will help the burgers from “puffing up” in the middle. Season with salt and pepper and place in the fridge to rest for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the kimchi ketchup. In a food processor, place the kimchi and ketchup in and blend until smooth. If needed, season with salt and pepper. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Take out the burgers and either grill or pan fry. To pan fry, heat up a skillet to medium high heat. Place the burgers in, being careful not to overcrowd. Cook on one side for 3 minutes, without touching the burger to get a nice crust. Flip over to the other side and cook for another 4 minutes or until it is cooked to your doneness. In the last 2-3 minutes of cooking, place the cheese on and tent it with a piece of tinfoil to make sure that the cheese melts. Remove and set aside under a piece of tinfoil and continue with remaining burgers.
- Broil or toast the brioche buns until browned. To assemble the burgers, on the bottom of one of the buns spread a thin layer of mayonnaise and top with arugula. Place the cheeseburger on top, then place 2 strips of bacon. on the top part of the bun, spread a generous amount of the kimchi ketchup and top the burger. Repeat with the remaining burgers and serve immediately.
(Visited 30 times, 1 visits today)