Baccalà Mantecato Recipe
Preparation Time: 3 days
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Servings: 6 – 8
A Venetian specialty of whipped salted cod served on slices of bread or polenta.
- 1/2 Pound of Dried Cod
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Salt & Pepper
- Extra Vigin Olive Oil
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Cut the cod into pieces and place them into a pan full of water.
- Leave it in water for 2 to 3 days, changing the water twice daily.
- After soaking, change the water again and place the cod and water, along with a bay leaf and cook for 30 minutes on low heat, removing any foam that comes to the surface.
- After 30 minutes, remove the cod from the pan and place in a container with high sides.
- Remove the skin and the bones from the cod and add 2 gloves of garlic.
- Take a wooden spoon (or immersion hand blender) and start to mix vigorously, slowly adding the olive oil.
- The quantity of the oil will depend on the cod itself.
- Continue mixing until the cod turns light and has a whipped, mousse-like texture.
- Taste and add salt if required.
- Serve on fresh cut bread slices or grilled slices of polenta.
- Sprinkle top with some cracked black pepper.
(Visited 29 times, 1 visits today)