- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 avocado (not overly ripe)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Burger buns and burger fixings, such as tomato, lettuce, onion, cheese, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350F. If you have an oven-safe pan (such as a cast iron skillet), then you can use that to bake the avocado chicken burgers after they are browned. Otherwise, spray a baking dish with non stick spray.
- Chop the onion into small pieces. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and cook the onion for 2 minutes, or until it turns translucent and starts to brown. Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Chop the avocado into small pieces. Mine were about 1/2 inch all around, and it was a bit hard to get uniform burger patties. However, it was awesome biting into a large avocado chunk. So anywhere between 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces would be fine.
- Combine the chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, cooked onion and garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix well. Gently fold in the avocado, without breaking it.
- Form the chicken mixture into 6 burger patties. Wet your hands with cold water between patties to prevent the chicken from sticking to your hands.
- Heat the rest of the olive oil in a skillet, and add the burger patties. Brown the burgers on each side (about 2-3 minutes per side).
- Transfer the burgers to the pre-heated oven (either directly in the oven-safe skillet or place them on a greased baking dish). Bake for 10 minutes, or until the chicken burgers are fully cooked and the temperature inside is at least 165F.
- Remove from the oven, and allow the burger patties to cool while you assemble the burgers.
(Visited 41 times, 1 visits today)