- 800 gram boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin slices (about ½ inch thickness)
- 3 garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, grated/minced
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce (or hoisin sauce)
- 2 tablespoon Shaoxing wine (or Japanese sake)
- 1-3 tablespoon sambal oelek (or Sriracha)
- 2 tablespoon palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil (or olive oil)
- finely sliced shallots/red onions
- finely sliced scallions
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients (except garnishes). Wrap with a saran wrap and let it rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours, overnight is better.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan (you can use grill pan/skillet too) on medium high. Cook chicken until slightly charred, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a serving plate. Garnish with sliced shallots/red onions and scallions. Serve with steamed white rice. This is good with salad too.
Source: Daily Cooking Quest
(Visited 34 times, 1 visits today)