- 1 lb / 453 gr organic ground pork
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup / 1.7 oz / 48 gr almond meal (or gluten-free breadcrumbs)
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 free-range organic egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup / 125 ml rice vinegar
- ¼ cup / 60 ml wheat-free soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (make your own Sriracha with this recipe)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F (180°C) and place a rack in the middle. Grease a baking sheet with olive oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground pork, olive oil, almond meal, ginger, garlic and beaten egg. Mix well.
- With dampened hands form into meatballs and place onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes, until cooked through.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl combine all sauce ingredients. Pour in a large skillet and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until it starts to thicken. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- When the meatballs are finished cooking, stir them into the sauce until well coated.
- Serve hot!
Source:The Iron You
(Visited 24 times, 1 visits today)