- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sprite
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons calamansi or lime juice
- 4 pieces chicken thighs
- 1tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon achuete oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- Combine garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, sprite, ketchup, and citrus juice. Add marinade to chicken in a bowl, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least overnight (the longer the better).
- Set the oven on broil. Line a casserole dish with foil.
- While the oven is preheating, remove chicken from marinade and pan sear chicken on high on stovetop to brown the outside (5-10 minutes) for crispiness.
- Once browned, place chicken in the casserole dish and pour remaining marinade on top (keeping it wet is crucial to prevent drying, and adds flavor too!) and broil in oven for 15-18 minutes until cooked all the way though.
- Heat a pan on medium high on stovetop. Saute garlic and both oils, then add rice into the pan. Stir fry, adding the tumeric and curry until grains are yellow. Serve with Filipino BBQ. Enjoy!
Source: Obsessive Cooking Disorder
(Visited 30 times, 1 visits today)