Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Servings: 12 Muffins
A creamy cheese filling is enjoyed with every bite.
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Large Egg, Beaten
- 1 Cup Milk (I Used Skim)
- 1/2 Cup Light Olive OIl
- 2 Cups Finely Chopped Peeled Apples
- 1 (8 Ounce) Package Light Cream Cheese (Not Fat Free)
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Zest
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Grund Cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In one bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and stir to mix.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and olive oil.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture just until moistened, then fold in the chopped apples.
- Fill lightly greased or paper filled muffin cups 3/4 full with the batter.
- In a small bowl, stir together the filling ingredients.
- Drop a tablespoon of the filling onto each muffin.
- Combine the topping ingredients in a bowl, and rub together with your fingers until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the topping over each muffin, and then bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the center is set when a cake tester is inserted.
- Cool for 5 to 10 minutes, then remove from the muffin tin.
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)