- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 thick-cut, bone-in pork chops
- 1 large onion, diced
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup apple cider
- ½ Tbsp. cinnamon
- 3 apples, cored and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400℉. In a cast iron pan, heat the butter and season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Over high heat, sear the chops on both sides and remove from pan.
- Sauté the onion until aromatic and translucent, and add the brown sugar, apple cider, and cinnamon. Let this come to a boil and add the apples. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes, until softened.
- Place the chops back in the pan and finish cooking in the oven, about 15 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 145℉.
Source:Cooking With Books
(Visited 41 times, 1 visits today)