Prep Time 10 minutes, plus marinating time Cooking Time 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 (1.2- to 1.5-kilogram) whole chicken
- 4 tablespoons anisado or Chinese rice wine
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 thin slices ginger
- Rub salt all over the chicken, including the cavity. Drizzle wine all over the chicken, then sprinkle with pepper. Stuff the cavity with garlic and ginger. Marinate chicken, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Wrap the chicken tightly in banana leaves, then wrap in aluminum foil. Place on a roasting pan.
- Pour boiling water into another roasting pan and position on the lower shelf of the oven. Place the chicken on the shelf directly above the pan of water. Roast chicken for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the meat is tender and cooked through.
- Turbo broiler tip: This dish can also be prepared using a turbo broiler. Pour boiling water on the bottom of a roasting pan. Place chicken (wrapped in banana leaves) on top and roast at 400°f for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
(Visited 196 times, 1 visits today)