Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Yield: 4 (serving size: 3 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ancho chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; rub evenly over both sides of steak.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes; cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- Bacon-topped salad: Combine 1 tablespoon cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Gradually add 2 tablespoons olive oil to vinegar mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Add 6 cups arugula and 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes to dressing in bowl; toss well to coat.
- Sprinkle 2 cooked and crumbled bacon slices evenly over salad.
Amount per serving
- Calories: 175
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 23.8g
- Carbohydrate: 0.8g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 286mg
- Calcium: 19mg
(Visited 35 times, 1 visits today)