Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 18 mins
Servings: 9 to 12
Almond paste adds a subtle almond flavor while yogurt helps to keep these muffins moist and delicious.
- 2 Cups All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 (7 Ounce) Almond Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Lemon Zest
- 1 Teaspoon Fiori di Sicilia (Or 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon & 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extracts)
- 1/2 Stick or 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt (I Used Fat Free Fage Brand)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Heaping Cup Raspberries or Blueberries
- Spoon the batter
- Slivered Almonds
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease 12 medium or 9 count large muffin tin or line with muffin papers.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in one bowl.
- Use a box grater to grate the almond paste into the flour mixture, then use your finger tips to work it through.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the butter, yogurt, zest, extract, and egg until well blended.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix together just until mixed. (If adding berries, add at this time)
- Spoon the batter into the prepared tin and sprinkle the top with the slivered almonds.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until light golden brown and set.
- Cool to room temperature, then lightly dust with powdered sugar before serving.