- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon annatto powder
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- half of medium size white onion, chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 1 box of Frozen New Zealand Mussels, thawed (about 2 lbs.)
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 bayleaf
- 2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- sliced cilantro for garnishing
- In a large wok heat olive oil and annatto powder while stirring continuously. When oil is hot enough saute garlic until it becomes golden, about 2-3 minutes. Add onions and season with fish sauce (patis).
- Toss in the mussels and continue to saute for about a minute. Stir in the white vinegar, bay leaf and black pepper. Let it simmer for 5 minutes uncovered. Season with salt and stir. Transfer into a serving platter and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Source:Kutsara At Tinidor
(Visited 82 times, 1 visits today)