- 1 kilo dressed chicken, cut for adobo
- 1/2 kilo pork liempo, cut for adobo
- crushed garlic
- red onion, sliced finely
- fresh yellow ginger, crushed (luyang dilaw or turmeric root)
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- salt to taste
- 2 cup water
- Cut chicken for adobo, do the same with the pork. Wash well after cutting. Rub in rock salt.
- Bring pork to boil, 10 minutes in 2C tap water, to tendersize. Drain and save the broth.
- In a saucepan, saute’ garlic and crushed yellow ginger. Fry pork and chicken in it, till slightly brown. Add the vinegar and blend with enough salt. Simmer over low fire.
- Turn pieces of meat over every now and then. Then, add broth, continue to cook on moderate heat, covered to keep the steam. When the adobo becomes saucy, taste to achieve a desirable blend of vinegar and saltiness.
(Visited 385 times, 1 visits today)