- Half Kilo of Squid
- 1 medium size onion
- About 6 cloves of garlic (I love garlic)
- Vinegar (This time I used Apple Cider Vinegar)
- Cooking Oil (about 2 tbsps)
- Soy Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 medium Chopped Tomatoes (this is an optional but this time I wanted to taste a bit of tomato flavor)
- Extra Thick Coconut Cream
- 2 not so hot Chillis
- I saute’ed the garlic and onions for at least a minute or before it turns brown. Then, I added the tomatoes.
- Before I added the squid, I made sure that the tomatoes are well cooked to get that juice out of it.
- I saute’ed the squid about 1 minute since I still have to cook it further (Remember when cooking squid you don’t overcook it or the squid will be very chewy)
- Then I added soy sauce then let it simmer for about 2 minutes before I added the vinegar. For some reason I find it better tasting when I use that method instead of adding the soy sauce and vinegar at the same time. I guess it is because the acid that vinegar contains.
- Try your squid if it’s tender before you pour the cream.
- Then finally I poured the coconut cream and the chillis and let it simmer for couple of minutes.
Source: Pinoy Food Recipes
(Visited 39 times, 1 visits today)