- 2 bunches of kangkong
- ¼ lb of porkbelly, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes – diced
- 3 T soy sauce
- 3 T vinegar- I suggest Datu Puti (Filipino Vinegar)
- S&P to taste
- Pepper flakes (optional)
- Wash and clean kangkong.
- Separate leaves and cut stems into 1 inch lengths.
- Render the diced pork belly until brown and crispy.
- Set the pork and oil aside.
- Using the same pan or wok with a little of the pork fat, sauté the garlic and onions until they turn translucent.
- Add the kangkong stems and tomatoes, cook until the thicker stems are tender.
- Add in the kangkong leaves, vinegar, soy sauce, a pinch of S&P and the crispy porkbelly.
- Cover and bring to a simmer or until liquid has reduced.
- Serve with fried fish and steamed rice.
(Visited 58 times, 1 visits today)