- 1 lb.pork intestine
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 cup white vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and sliced
- 1 tsp. ginger, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. whole black peppercorns
- 4 pcs. dried chili peppers
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 8 pcs. bay leaves
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 3 tbsps. cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp. annatto powder
- 3 cups water
- Wash and clean pork intestines. In a pot, boil them in water with rice vinegar, 1 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. whole black peppercorns and 4 pcs. bay leaves until tender.
- Remove pork intestines and let it cool in a coriander. Slice into bite pieces and set aside.
- In a pan, sauté garlic and ginger until light brown.
- Add sliced pork intestines and continue to sauté for 2 minutes more.
- Add 1/4 tsp. whole black pepper corns, annatto powder, 4 pcs. bay leaves, soy sauce, white vinegar and 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil.
- Add sugar and dried chili peppers. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer in low fire until almost all liquid had evaporated.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or just plain pulutan. Enjoy!
(Visited 101 times, 1 visits today)