This 17-day-old duck embryo is boiled, served with rock salt or spicy vinegar and is often consumed with beer.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- 12 pieces balut(boiled fertilized duck egg)
- 1/2 head garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 bay leaves(laurel)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- salt and sugar to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes(optional)
- Remove balut shells then set aside. Reserve the broth.
- In a pan, heat oil then saute ginger, garlic and onion.
- Add balut and stir fry to a minute.
- Add soy sauce, balut broth, water, bay leaf and peppercorns then bring to boil.
- Add vinegar and simmer for a few minutes. Add water if necessary
- Add chili flakes, salt and sugar according to taste then simmer for a minute.
- Transfer to serving plate then serve with steamed rice. Enjoy:)
(Visited 621 times, 1 visits today)