Total Time: 40 Minutes
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 lb ground veal
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, for brushing on pita’s
- 4 teaspoons salted butter, small cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 medium red onions, sliced very thin
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 pieces pita bread or 8 pieces naan bread
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons sumac, can be found in any middle eastern store.or you can omit this step
- In a large mixing bowl add lamb and veal.
- Then add minced bell peppers and onions.
- Add all spices and mix well.
- Cover and put in fridge overnight.
- Mix red onion,sumac,lemon juice in small bowl cover and put in fridge.
- Using your hands shape mixture into 6 inch long kebabs and about 2 inches wide.
- Place on a hot grill and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Kebabs will be done when they feel spongy.
- When done place kebab inside of pita.
- top with yogurt sauce and sliced red onion mixture.
- This can also be served with a side of Turkish Pilaf.
(Visited 777 times, 1 visits today)