Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp Aam ka Achaar
- 1 1/4 cups long grained rice (basmati)
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1 tsp fenugreek (methi) seeds
- 1 tspnigella seeds (kalonji)
- 2black cardamoms (badi elaichi)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 cupsliced onions
- 1 tspginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- 1/2 cup boiled kabuli chana (white chick peas)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Blend the mango pickle in a mixer to a coarse paste. Keep aside.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker, add the fennel seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, onion seeds, big cardamoms, cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, kabuli chana, turmeric powder, chilli powder, Punjabi garam masala, salt and the prepared pickle paste and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add the hot water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Separate each grain of rice lightly with a fork.
- Serve hot.
(Visited 59 times, 1 visits today)