- 24 Abruzzese Style Italian Meatballs, raw*
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup diced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-24 oz. jars marinara sauce**
- 1-14.5 oz.can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 bay leaves
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 jar water about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- parmesan cheese & parsley, to garnish optional
- Bake meatballs according to package directions.
- In a large pot, saute onions and mushrooms on medium heat in olive oil. After they become tender, stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour in 2 jars of marinara sauce, water and spices. Stir and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Add in cooked meatballs and cover.
- Cook spaghetti to al dente, then toss with with sauce and meatballs.
- *I used two packages of this kind of meatballs. They were new to my grocery store so I gave them a whirl. SO GOOD!! Feel free to use frozen, cooked meatballs.
- **I used the Classico brand Tomato Basil Marinara.
Source: Lauren’s Latest
(Visited 33 times, 1 visits today)