- ½ pound medium sized shrimp
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil (plus more for drizzling on the bread)
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced (about 2 heaping tablespoons)
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 demi loaf of ciabatta bread, cut into five thick slices.
- In a medium non-stick skillet, add the butter and oil. Turn the heat on a medium-low. Once the butter is melted add the garlic. Cook the garlic until softened, about 3-5 minutes, make sure you keep an eye on it, you want the heat to be nice and low, and DO NOT let the garlic brown. Season the shrimp liberally with salt. Once the garlic is softened, add the shrimp and red pepper flakes. As the shrimp cook, spoon the garlic butter and oil over the shrimp. Once the shrimp are bright pink and in C shapes, remove from heat. Serve with charred bread.
- For the bread: Drizzle liberally with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt. If you have a gas burner, char the bread slices over a medium heat. If you don’t you can use a grill pan, or the broiler, just make sure to keep a close eye on it if you do use the broiler. Serve with shrimp.
Source: Cooking For Keeps
(Visited 18 times, 1 visits today)